In a letter to Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler, Judiciary Committee Republicans, led by Ranking Member Doug Collins (R-GA), eviscerated Chairman Nadler and his Democratic colleagues for failing the American people.
Because Democrats have fixated on this sham “impeachment inquiry," the Judiciary Committee has failed to:
✖ Respond to the border crisis
✖ Address mass violence or domestic terrorism
✖ Tackle the opioid epidemic
— Rep. Doug Collins (@RepDougCollins) December 3, 2019
The Republicans highlighted the following opportunity costs due to the impeachment inquiry:
- Democrats’ failure to secure our southern border
- Democrats’ failure to address mass violence and domestic terrorism
- Democrats’ failure to respond to our nation’s opioid crisis
- Democrats’ failure to protect Americans from intellectual property theft by China
- Democrats’ failure to bolster election security
Sadly, this reckless and irresponsible approach to governing by House Democrats will be a stain on Congress for eternity.